Rewiring and junction boxes

That's the way most of my rooms are wired (except the JB is on the ceiling, as this house is on concrete). I do sometimes with the lights were on a separate circuit.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Sorry, but if I saw a room with a row of ceiling-height outlets on a wall, I'd just think it was... weird...

There are exceptions, of course, where you might want a single ceiling-height outlet or so (like near a window, for decorative lighting.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

You have something against weird? It's no uglier than a bunch of featureless cover plates.

If you need an exuse for their presence, Run a shelf along the wall under them, or stick nightlights in them and split the outlets so that half of them are switched.

Reply to
Goedjn

I've seen one. My grandmother had a high outside outlet put in. That's just the right place for the holiday lights she wanted.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

To display your extensive collection of decorative electric clocks.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

An electrician friend installs all of the chandeliers he removes from customer's homes in his garage's ceiling.

He must be up to about 50 of the things in operation by now.

Quite a sight.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Actually when the wiring that room will be done there will only be one j box that will require some kind of cover /outlet/wallclock/doorbell etc. 1 wire comes in, 3 go out to outlets, like a spider. The rest others are next to the service panel. When the basement is finished, the service panel will be in something like a walk in closet. The j boxes around it will be easy to access.

Reply to
jimbob

Where's the connection to the ceiling light?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Exactly. Which is why I wouldn't wire things that way. I said that many posts ago earlier in this thread...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer