rewiring 220 motor for 110

I know it can be done, I have done it in the past but I forget how, was 20 years ago

Reply to
dublin_o

dublin_o wrote: : I know it can be done, I have done it in the past but I forget how, was 20 : years ago

Normally that type of info is shown on the motor.

Reply to
kmy

Reply to
dublin_o

Motors are either pure 120v or 240v, or they are marked as dual voltage such as 120/240v. (This is usually done by making the two field coils to run on

120v and providing the option to wire them in series for 240v or parallel for 120v.) If it is a single voltage motor you cannot change the voltage, possibly a motor rewinder could rebuild the motor for a different voltage.

Reply to
EXT