Rewire Fan?

I have a ceiling fan and the remote reciever has failed (Hunter Fan, failed in about a year, reciever costs about $50 and is backordered...Great product, huh?). Anyway...I want to rewire the fan to operate manually. Can anyone suggest a resource that would help me understand how to do this? I have a pretty good knowledge of electronics.
Thanks.

Manually? Like a hand crank?
J/K Do you mean there is no switch for it?
later,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
Nope...don't want to hand crank it! And yes, there is no switch. It was marketed with a remote control for both the light and the fan. It's easy enough to install a switch for the light, but I'm not sure of the operation of the fan. Hoping someone can coach me so that I can install a switch for the fan as well.
Regards.

Are you rulling out just getting a fan that is pull chain opperated?
I have single switch the powers the whole fan. Then at the fan, I have two pull chains, one for light combination, and the other for fan (off and speeds).
Might be easier way to get the results you want.
hth,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com