with
either
qualify
permitting
conditions
the
at
of
I'd do it anyway because I think the inspectors would find it acceptable. I remember back in the eighties many companies were specifying isolated ground receptacles. The contractors were installing 3 wire BX and Romex with the r ed wire re-identified with green tape and they passed inspection. At that time the wire marking code references were less liberal than they are now. Now of course hospital BX and MC cable are readily available with insulated grounding conductors.

I think I'd check with the inspector before making assumptions about what he would or would not find acceptable. <g>
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

What have you lost? 5 minutes and a couple pieces of green tape or a dab of paint. :)
As noted, w/ old work and done in a workmanlike way, I've not run across an inspector who would require pulling a new cable simply for the sake of running new cable...

acceptable.
what he

Considering that the conductor we are talking about is non-current carrying it seems practical.