Reversible dishwasher sticker (clean/dirty)

Page 2 of 3
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:03:19 -0800 (PST), Kalmia

With that system one would need a sticker to remind to flip the sticker, to remind to flip the sticker, to remind to flip the sticker, into infinity. My dishwasher has two little green lights that come on when the washing is done, they go off when the door is opened... that's all the reminder one should need... but... not everyone has functioning brains, now do you get it? Someone named Heather (airhead name) would obviously need a "Wiped/Unwiped" sticker on her ass. LOL
[snip]

Then you open the door to let them dry, and while they're drying someone sticks some dirty dishes in among the clean ones.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

When opened in the morning the dishes are dry.

Even when some plastic dish has gotten turned over and is full of dirty water?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

We have a lot of coffee cups that have recessed bottoms, holding about a teaspoon each. 4 or so of those upturned before drying them with a towel can get the whole bottom level splattered and too wet to put away without drying with a towel. We have been known to put a dirty dish in with the clean ones, about once a month or so I would guess. Usually we figure it out, but I'd be willing to bet that a couple of not so clean dishes got removed by the next person who came to the kitchen and saw the timer at the end of the cycle. Such is life<G>
On 1/28/2011 7:12 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Lordy, such a long thread for such a trivial question. Buy a couple of kid's magnets, like for holding pictures to a fridge, one green and one red. You can figure out the rest.
Personally, I keep the clean dishes in the dishwasher. When there are no more clean dishes in there, I move the staged rinsed dishes from that half of the two-hole sink to the dishwasher, and run it. Only thing in the cabinet are the seldom-used items.
--
aem sends...

Avery makes a magnetic sheet for inkjet printing. Do some searching to see if you can buy just one sheet somewhere.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Put in regular paper to use until you're sure your design is right, bufore printing on that one sheet.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

So they do. For some reason, they did not come up on any of my searches. Thanks.

You *might* even want to phone them and ask if you might have a sample before shelling out the $15 or whatever it is they want for the package of them.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Heather Mills wrote:

That sounds like a good idea.
My scheme is this: If the door is shut completely, the contents are clean and need to be put away.
If the door is ajar, the stuff inside is dirty and the washer is waiting for more dishes to make a full load.
Aside:
I've been adding a teaspoon of TSP to the washer to make up for absence of phosphates in the newly compounded detergents.
WOW! What a difference!
When I exhaust my current supply of liquid Cascade, I'm gonna get powdered detergent and add the TSP to the box.
"HeyBub" wrote:

That simply means that your water is too hard... you need to install a water softener before all the plumbing in your house suffers chronic arteriosclerosis and your horrendous plumbing repair bills far exceed the cost of a water softener.... just the savings from using half as much cleaning products alone will more than pay for the softening... and you'll never again need to decalcify your plumbing/bathing fixtures.

TSP isn't TSP anymore (unless you've got a stash of the old stuff).
Cindy Hamilton

TSP branded cleaner probably isn't what it used to be but trisodium phosphate the chemical is still the same. Oddly enough, that's still around - I think.
First, since you are Heather Mills, why don't you take some of the $40 million you got in the divorce from Paul McCartney and hire someone to do you dishes? But seriously, folks, what we do is this: If the dishwasher is locked, the dishes are clean, because, after all, it won't run if it isn't locked.
On 1/27/2011 5:06 PM, HeyBub wrote:

TSP sounds like a good idea. You're probably putting in a whole lot more phosphates than the old formula detergents ever had. OTOH, that's not being very green.
OTOH, just as long as everybody else is not doing this, I suppose you and I can do it with very little environmental impact. My guess is that this would work great with the laundry too.

Thanks for the tip. :-)
dsi1 wrote on Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:16:27 -1000:

My dishwasher has a light that comes on when drying is complete. So, I know I must empty the thing before putting in more dishes.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Perfect. Thanks.
Heather Mills wrote the following:, which was deleted.
How can I tell if my car is dirty?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/28/2011 5:28 PM, willshak wrote:

Show it a copy of Hustler Magazine and see if it smiles. :-)
TDD