Reverse Osmosis Systems

Pure Aqua, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of Reverse Osmosis Systems, and Components, both for industrial and commercial applications. Pure Aqua Products have earned an industry- wide reputation for their high quality and superior performance.

Pure Aqua's capabilities range from small skid mounted systems to millions of gallons per day water treatment plants.

For More Details , Visit

pure aqua

This is not correct. In fact, one of the primary uses for reverse osmosis (RO) is desalination. Since salt (NaCl) ionizes in solution, desalination consists of the removal of both sodium and chlorine ions -- individual atoms.

This can be done because RO operates on a chemical basis, not a mechanical basis. It's not the size of the atom or molecule that matters, but how it interacts chemically with the membrane.

Whether it was appropriate to post an advertisement to this newsgroup is beyond the scope of this posting.

My father did research on RO and published the first paper predicting the practical possibilities:

Of course this is "expertise by association", and although I remember his explanations, I didn't follow him into the field and have only a layman's comprehension of the process.

Edward

Reply to
Edward Reid

I=92m no chemist but logically it seems to me that how far apart Na and Cl stay from each other (ionize) depends on the quantity of Na and Cl in the relative quantity of water (solution). Under the pressure of water being pressed against a membrane (concentration) they are not going to stay apart but come together and form a compound that is most certainly larger than either a Na or a Cl atom alone. Hence be too large to go through the membrane.

Reply to
Molly Brown