reverse osmosis drain backed up-is water safe to drink?

I have a reverse osmosis system in my kitchen and a pipe clog has caused the drain to backup and water to fill halfway up the basin. When my wife ran the reverse osmosis tap, water flowed out the air gap hole at the base of the tap.

Do I need to worry about the water in the RO tank being contaminated? What about the filters?

Reply to
toecheese

you should be fine, thats what the air gap is for...to keep sewage from backing up into the filters

Reply to
news