Reverse action pressure switch, use with oil furnace?

I got the wrong pressure switch and was thinking what it could be used for (can't seem to find the shipping papers). I had wanted to make our oil furnace even safer by adding a control that would shut the furnace down if it ever lost water pressure. I think such controls are available but realized that the switch I have would probably also work. The contacts close on pressure rise.
The specs.
Pressure Switch, Water Pump, Reverse Action, Contacts Close On Pressure Rise, Diaphragm, Pressure Range 4 To 45 PSI, Differential Pressure 6 To 20 PSI
Included paper states that the max. pressure is 300 psi.
Can you think of a reason why such a switch wired in series with the power to the furnace could not or should not be used?
Thank you for any help.
Furnaces don't have water pressure. What kind of boiler do you have and what are you trying to accomplish with this switch?

I think this might be what you're looking for: http://www.taco-hvac.com/en/products/Low+Water+Cutoff+and+Water+Feeders/products.html?current_category 2