Revere replacement windows

A Neighbor had Revere replacement windows installed. I'm interested in replacing mine and these look good to me. installer said they are equivalent of Harvey, but less $.

Can anyone offer thoughts or experience on Revere? or how to evaluate Vinyl (clad?) replacement windows?

Many TIA for the impressive accumulated wisdom of this group.

regards MF

Reply to
MF

Just checking out the 2 different sites, I noted a couple of things.

Revere doesn't claim the vinyl is 100% virgin vinyl (unless I missed this somewhere). You don't want a vinyl windows made from recycled products. Some manufacturers produce vinyl frames from recycled vinyl for obvious reasons. But, recycled vinyl will not endure UV rays like virgin vinyl will.

Also, I noticed on Revere's site, only their top of the line double hung, has true interlock @ the meeting rails.

Revere's site doesn't claim a slim-line product(more glass area)like most manufacturers do.

I would have to pass on their product. The installer should have been able to point out differences in the 2 products, since he mentioned them both.

Reply to
Bob Kerns

give it the paper test open bottom sash slip a dollar bill in between top and bottom sash close bottom sash try to pull out dollar bill if bill comes out with ease.............the weather seal on the window is crap. if the bill does NOT slide out with ease...............purchase that mfr's. window

Reply to
3G