Returned Comfort Furnace

I just returned a Comfort Furnace (similar to Eden Pure) after 40 days of trial. It provided good (but expensive) heat while the weather was just cool (40s). When it got real cold, I had to run the furnace a lot to stay warm. The thing is just too "wimpy" to be useful.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 15, 10:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

Let us know when the refund arrives...if it does. And consider a subscription to Consumer Reports to avoid getting involved in more disappointing products.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
Joe wrote:

Not a problem. I returned it to the Tractor Supply store where I bought it. They credited my credit card on the spot.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖

Especially when the dockside price from China is what? $17, $20? Maybe less. Sad.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/16/2010 2:31 PM, Joe wrote:

They must add the copper ionization here. It adds a lot of value, nobody would pay $500 without it. Just the comfort of knowing your copper ionization is being enhanced is worth something!
Jeff

Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 15, 11:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

well, pretty much anything you plug into the wall is not going to be able to produce more than about 1500W of heat, no matter what. Unless it's a heat pump.
nate
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 15, 11:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

So, how good or bad was it? Why did you take it back? What was you trying to heat?
I thought about getting one for my shop. It don't have to heat it to 72 degrees, but 55 degrees would be fine. I would only use it at most a few hours a day. My shop is insulated well, but it is 1200 sq. ft.
Hank
Add pictures here
✖
Hank asked:

When the temps were "cool" (40s) it seemed to work well. When it got cold, I had to run the furnace or propane heater to keep comfortable. The room is 22 feet X 30 feet with an 18 foot cathedral ceiling. Combining the cost of electricity with oil and propane made it cost more to use the comfort furnace. The Comfort Furnace is a clone of the Eden Pure and uses infra-red bulbs and a quiet blower. It uses 1500 watts (verified with a KillAWatt meter.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 17, 8:36 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

Thanks for the info. The high ceilings make a huge difference for sure. They claim it wil heat 100 sq. ft., I assume they mean with 8 ft. ceilings which is 8000 cu ft. Your room was approx. the same cu ft. ....just higher. :-)
Hank
Add pictures here
✖