retrofit 1-gang box that attaches to stud?

I want to add an electric outlet on the other side of a wall that has an outlet. The wiring would be trivial.
However, I don't like the common retrofit box that uses a pair of fly-out plastic tabs to grab the drywall. Hard pulls on electric plugs may break the tabs or the drywall.
If I put the retrofit box next to a stud, is it kosher to add some screws inside (at an angle) or use glue to attach it to the stud?
Or is there a more secure type of retrofit box?
On 4/16/14, 4:20 PM, bob wrote:

There is one with metal "wings", RACO 506, available at HD
http://www.hubbellcatalog.com/raco/RACO_datasheet.asp?PNP6&FAM=RacoBoxes

*I always shoot one screw into the stud to make the box more secure in addition to the wings or Madison Bars. Usually a #8 sheet metal screw will suffice. The trick is not to drive it home as it will distort the box if you sink it too far. I do this for metal boxes as well as plastic. I would not recommend glue.
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV
On 04/16/2014 04:20 PM, bob wrote:

http://ecmweb.com/product-year/box-all-occasions

*I have used that style box once or twice. I think it is slightly easier to install the old work box with wings.
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:10:49 AM UTC-4, John G wrote:

I like that. I'll have to keep an eye out for it at lows and home despot.

I'll keep an eye out for that unique kind of retrofit box but if I don't see it at the local hardware store I'm just going to use the regular kind and add a screw.
Thanks to all who responded.