Result of A/C Problem

HVAC guy came out today. Turns out that when they replaced the controller unit last winter, they miswired the cooling side. Warranty service, 2 minutes, no charge.
On Fri 06 Jun 2008 03:16:32p, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis told us...

controller

Great news! Thanks for reporting back.
Several years ago we owned a home that had a completely separate HVAC for each of the 1st and 2nd floors of our house. Since we live in the desert we don't use heat often. On our first occasion to use heat on the 2nd floor, there was no heat. The blower worked, the AC worked, but no heat! Called the contractor who had built the house. When is tech came out, he discovered that the gas line had never been connected to the 2nd floor furnace. Go figure...
--
Wayne Boatwright

Just curious. What type of desert? Vegas is the desert (?). Then there's a guy I knew that lived in Yuma AZ (desert?). But then again, I don't live in the desert...but it's been pushing a 100 the past few days and 100+ for next few days. Temps got nothing to do with desert though. One of the dryest places on earth, the Atacama Desert, only has summer temps in the 80's.
On Fri 06 Jun 2008 05:20:49p, Red Green told us...

I live in East Mesa, AZ, about 36 miles from downtown Phoenix. Our summer temps range from 105-120. We have already had two 110 days a couple of weeks ago. Since then it's been hovering between 98-102.
It's true that not all desert regions are not. This one is.
--
Wayne Boatwright

Exactly the same here for days and days upcoming. But this is early June on the east coast in NC. Not the frikkin' desert! That's more July & Aug weather.
On Fri 06 Jun 2008 06:59:39p, Red Green told us...

And I suspect that your humidity is much higher in NC. Most of the year ours is in the 5-8% range. It makes a huge difference in how the temperature is perceived. In late July and August we have a period called Monsoon where the humidity soars for this region. Sometimes we have rain with it, but most times we don't. With our high temps, it's miserably uncomfortable.
--
Wayne Boatwright

5-8% is unheard of. I've only seen dryness like that in my (duct tape) wallet. But then again, that's why it's called the desert.
Here in summer, temp/humidity more synchronized 90/90, 95/95, 100/100. AC drain actualy trickles vs drips.
On Fri 06 Jun 2008 07:41:25p, Red Green told us...

I know those conditions well. My family is from northeast Mississippi and I've spent much time there, either around the winter holidays or in the summer. Walk outside in the summer and you start dripping.
--
Wayne Boatwright

Your epolog,      The other cat's food is automatically preferable to their own. Boy if that ain't the truth.
On Fri 06 Jun 2008 05:27:06p, Red Green told us...

Yep, you're right. We have 5 cats and they all want each other's food. :-)
--
Wayne Boatwright

Now you need to figure out if their neglect caused damage they are liable for, call someone else or maybe someone here will have an idea.