Restricted flow - Kitchen Faucet

I have an American Standard Hampton faucet that over time the flow has been= more and more restricted. I have city water and great water pressure in a= ll other faucets. Even the spray handle seems to have good pressure. I ha= ve replaced the spout assembly as I couldn't get the aerator out so I know = that isn't the issue. The problem is the same no matter whether I use the = left/right/both faucets.

I removed and reinstalled the diverter and that seems to help a bit. Is th= is the next part to replace or am I missing something entirely here?

This is a link to the parts diagram:

Thanks.

Reply to
noname

en more and more restricted. =A0I have city water and great water pressure = in all other faucets. =A0Even the spray handle seems to have good pressure.= =A0I have replaced the spout assembly as I couldn't get the aerator out so= I know that isn't the issue. =A0The problem is the same no matter whether = I use the left/right/both faucets.

s this the next part to replace or am I missing something entirely here?

If the poor flow is only hot or cold and you have a flexible hose replace the flexible line.

those type lines frequently have a wierd failure. the line is multiple layers of outer covering, a often stainless braid, and a inner rubber line thats actually exposed to the water.

the inner rubber line gets detached from the outer coverings.

when you first turn on the water the flow is great for a moment then reduced often dramatically.

It happens slowly over time. I first noted it here on a handheld shower, its flow got so bad water barely came out of the shower head....

a realtive of this same problem effects vehicles brakes. leading to excessive wear on brake pads.

the inner rubber line acts like a check valve so the calipers dont retract..... the check valve effect......

I suggest you replace the supply lines unless they are solid copper, and get a new diverter valve, i had one fail and it looked perfect... so its appearnance doesnt mean much

Reply to
bob haller

I removed and reinstalled the diverter and that seems to help a bit. Is this the next part to replace or am I missing something entirely here?

This is a link to the parts diagram:

I've found in our rental property that when the washers are replaced and cheap washers are used they tend to swell over time. Check to see if this is the case.

Reply to
NotMe

more and more restricted.

Most sinks have shutoff valves under them. I've found many times those valves get clogged with crud from the pipes.

Shut off those valves. Take the end of the supply tube off the sink faucet, and (if it's flexible), put it in a small pail and turn on the valve. there should be good pressure. If not, shut off the water main, and remove the shutoff valves, and clean them out, or replace them. The supply pipes can get clogged too. Check them also.

Reply to
homeowner

een more and more restricted.

They tend to clog especially if there is a long horizontal run just before the shutoff valve. It the pipe is vertical, the pipe never seem to clog.

Reply to
hrhofmann

been more and more restricted.

I found a glob of solder in a line once, it caused really wierd trouble.......

on low flow no problem but high flow would start out good then drop to a trickle.....

i finally replace a section of line for no reason and heard a tinkle when moving the line. cut it open a found solder.......

i was just glad to have it fixed

Reply to
bob haller

Replace the diverter because it cannot be cleaned=20 and don=92t buy a faucet with a diverter again=20 unless you want to keep replacing diverters.

Reply to
recyclebinned

What's a diverter and what's a faucet with or without a diverter ?

Reply to
Attila Iskander

The diverter diverts the water from the spout to the sparayer and back again.

Reply to
recyclebinned

I didn't know you could replace those ?

I recently changed the sprayer handle and valve on my kitchen faucet. Both needed changing anyway. But it has not completely eliminated the dribble from the faucet while in use.

So I guess I need to change the diverter too ?

Time to do some googling.

Reply to
Attila Iskander