Restoring old windows

I have an oldish Eastlake in New Orleans. It has a lot of windows with chipped and flaking paint, lots of overpainting etc. but the wood, glass and all are sound. Since I do not need to replace, just to restore them...does anyone here know a good local or national company that does just that? I'd hate to exchange heart pine and cypress for plastic. zemedelec
to bad your not in Maine I have been rehabbing windows and doors in my shop for years.

"fsteddie" <epearlatprexardotcom> writes:

I only work from my shop in Oakland Maine I do except projects delivered and picked up in Oakland,Maine ,with fast turn around,generally 1 or 2 weeks

<< anyone here know a good local or national company that does just that? >>
Haven't heard of any, but could a furniture stripping company do this kind of work? Downside might be effect on glass if they use a highly caustic paint remover. HTH
Joe