Restoring old windows

I have an oldish Eastlake in New Orleans. It has a lot of windows with chipped and flaking paint, lots of overpainting etc. but the wood, glass and all are sound. Since I do not need to replace, just to restore them...does anyone here know a good local or national company that does just that? I'd hate to exchange heart pine and cypress for plastic. zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

to bad your not in Maine I have been rehabbing windows and doors in my shop for years.

Reply to
fsteddie

Haven't heard of any, but could a furniture stripping company do this kind of work? Downside might be effect on glass if they use a highly caustic paint remover. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Do you ever get down to the Boston area?

Reply to
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Reply to
fsteddie