Resin for home repair

I have two repair jobs that I think are going to be facilitated by some casting resin.
First, the surface molding on some kitchen cabinet doors is broken and missing. I have no chance of matching it with wood but if I can mold some of what remains and cast replacement parts then put a faux wood finish on it, I think it'll be OK.
Second, I'm missing the brass filigree around a key hole on the drawer of an antique desk. I can make a mold from the piece on another drawer and then cast something and paint it with antique brass paint and have a decent match.
I remember "Castolite" from my youth and Googled it and found some hits. Googling "casting resin" led to http://www.alumilite.com/ProdDetail.cfm?Category=Starter%20Kits&Name=Mini%20Casting%20Kit and others but I'd rather start with a recommendation. Anyone have a favorite material or source they'd care to recommend?
TIA.
Chris
On 2/12/2010 4:46 PM Christopher Nelson spake thus:

http://www.alumilite.com/ProdDetail.cfm?Category=Starter%20Kits&Name=Mini%20Casting%20Kit
No specific recommendations, but you might want to check out TAP Plastics (http://tapplastics.com ), or maybe go to one of their stores. They have a lot of mold-making and casting materials.

- a Usenet "apology"

Chris-
don't have a great suggestion for the cabinet
but for the lock.......
Check these out and see if any will do the trick.
http://www.horton-brasses.com/store/keyhole/ovalkeyhole?horton=4an8mjtfmq9gf12gtdghfg8um0
cheers Bob