Resin for home repair

I have two repair jobs that I think are going to be facilitated by some casting resin.

First, the surface molding on some kitchen cabinet doors is broken and missing. I have no chance of matching it with wood but if I can mold some of what remains and cast replacement parts then put a faux wood finish on it, I think it'll be OK.

Second, I'm missing the brass filigree around a key hole on the drawer of an antique desk. I can make a mold from the piece on another drawer and then cast something and paint it with antique brass paint and have a decent match.

I remember "Castolite" from my youth and Googled it and found some hits. Googling "casting resin" led to

others but I'd rather start with a recommendation. Anyone have a favorite material or source they'd care to recommend?

TIA.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Nelson

On 2/12/2010 4:46 PM Christopher Nelson spake thus:

and others but I'd rather start with a recommendation. Anyone have a

No specific recommendations, but you might want to check out TAP Plastics

or maybe go to one of their stores. They have a lot of mold-making and casting materials.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Chris-

don't have a great suggestion for the cabinet

but for the lock.......

Check these out and see if any will do the trick.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK