Resilient channel over concrete

Can resilient channel be used effectively over a concrete wall?
I have a concrete block wall in common with the house next to mine and the amount of sound that comes through is unbelievable. The other day I heard the woman sneeze over there and it sounded like it was right in my livingroom.
Mike
Yes, either use a power actuated gun or concrete screws to fasten the channel. You can insulate with foam between the channels if you want,then apply sheet rock .Most resilient channel I have installed is on concrete block or reinforced concrete. mike
On 22 Nov 2005 10:05:32 -0800, upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Check the wall carefully for penetrations first, though.

Whaddya mean? Holes where the sound is coming through?
Also, what are my options, once I do the RC and drywall, for hanging large pictures?
Mike