Residential water softener

I have a softener at my home, that has been problem free for the past

1 1/2 years. It is an older unit, but purchased NIB and professionally installed. Sunday, the small plastic tube that goes from the brine tank float mechanism to the resin container split. My husband repaired it for the weekend, but because of a ferrule part, it was not a good fix. (we expected failure, because it was a weekend) First thing, Monday morning, he replaced assembly with a comparable size copper tubing.. I cycled the unit, just to get things back in synch. A couple of hours later, I noticed on the ground from the exhaust tube, some of the catalyst material. I'd say all told, maybe 1/4 cup or so. I have never noticed that before. (and I'm pretty good at keeping an eye on things) What do you think may have caused this and what should I be on the lookout for? I can take photos of my unit and post them, if it will help in questions and answers. Thanks. Bentcajungirl
Reply to
Perry Templeton

I'd guess that you may need to replace parts with a seal kit. It's not difficult but needed if your wasting resin. I did mine a few months ago in about 30 minutes.

RB

Reply to
RB

She didn't have a seal or other internal problem.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser