Residential vs. Commercial quality Leviton outlets...

- For home wiring, is it worth spending the extra couple of bucks per outlet for commercial grade vs. standard residential grade?

- Have any people had quality or durability problems with genuine Leviton residential-grade outlets?

(especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost far outweighs the material cost)

Reply to
blueman

In my opinion it is worth the difference. As you noted the labor cost is the large part of the cost. The total cost difference for a home is not worth considering.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

| > (especially, since when paying an electrician the labor cost far | > outweighs the material cost) | | In my opinion it is worth the difference. As you noted the labor cost | is the large part of the cost. The total cost difference for a home is not | worth considering. | | | | -- | Joseph Meehan | | 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math | |

I agree with that, except the little ladies can sometimes think the plugs are bad, especially while they're new and so hard to get a plug into . I switched the countertop ones to cheapies; never plugged/unplugged much anyway.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

I would for anywhere I was inserting and removing an plug frequently,garage, work area, etc. Anywhere else, not in my opinion. The residential grade recpt work just fine for most of the homes in the US. I have only seen an handful that went bad in 30+ years of electrical work. By far most of the damaged recpts I have seen were from abuse and or pulling out plugs by the cord. Your home, your call.

Reply to
SQLit

If it is for my house, *all* commercial grade.

If it is for another persons house, cheapest I can buy.

Reply to
Bill

\|||/ (o o) ,----ooO--(_)-------. | Please | | don't feed the | | TROLL's ! | '--------------Ooo--' |__|__| || || ooO Ooo

Now, how does that feel.

We get your point about your opinion of Tekkie. Let it drop...

Reply to
HeatMan

Remind me not to hire you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Maybe.....

Yes.

That don't figure into the equation for me--so far, I've never hired an electrician ........

====

Rather, it *is* beginning to appear you are perhaps incapable of making even a single intelligent decision without going to usenet without getting opinions from others.

Else simply a troll........

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

If you noticed, I only posted this in response to specific posts where Tekkie responded to a legitimate alt.home.repair with ranting ad-hominem blather -- it is considered legitimate netiquette to post "troll warnings" in response to such posts. For the rare occassion when he has posted relevant or helpful comments, I have not done so...

Reply to
blueman

blueman posted for all of us....

Hey jerky what would you know about netiquette? you don't ever research anything.

i am glad to see you are back on your meds and more in control. It looks like my job may almost be done.

Reply to
Tekkie

Reply to
blueman