Residential Exterior block chimney removal

I need to remove my chimney. Does anyone know the best way to remove a block chimney?

Reply to
greenhorn

I'm installing a new wood stove and new metal chimney. Then will remove my old brick chimney.

I will rent a high-lift and begin removing bricks at the top, then work my way down.

My house was built in the 30's, so I would imagine that I will be able to just barely tap each brick with a hammer and it will come loose. Might not even need to use the hammer.

Reply to
Bill