Residential Electrical

Looking for advise on a acceptable method to secure wire runs for indoor residential 120/15A or 120/20A wiring. This is in Ottawa Ontario, Canada.
I really rather shun the idea of using a staple gun to secure the wire. I also have to assume there is still a requirement to secure electrical runs for outlets and lights in residential as there is in commercial?
Regards, JW
There are insulated staples, and there are stackers, which are plastic brackets you snap the cables into

Never heard of using a staple gun? There are a variety of staples for securing electrical wire. The most common are wire staples. Another kind has a plastic body with nails on the ends. In either case they are banged on with a hammer. Kevin

I have seen a staple gun and lusted after it; but it was $50 and I couldn't justify it. I hate hammering in staples. The kind with two nails and a plastic center are much easier than the solid ones.

Latest one I've seen adversised in E&CM: http://www.urlbee.com?2837
The first one I've seen in HD: http://www.urlbee.com?2838

later,
tom

imho:
After working a year or so with volunteers at Habitat For Humanity, I find 3M Stak-IT's (we call "stackers") are great. You can add later runs, and should someone mess up, removing and rerunning cables is less of a hassle, compared to staples.
http://www.urlbee.com?2836

Note, I only deal with the NEC, but a lot of commercial cases NM-B ("Romex") is not allowed. Because of this, the supporting and securing methods are based on the wire cable types, not the end users.

hth, and remember to follow all codes, especially the requirement for only qualified personnel working on electricity.
later,
tom