Residential electical question

Page 2 of 2
Many electricians should leave the first three alone.
HA HA Budys Here wrote:

Hi, There is new breed called communication electricians. Why bother? Pretty soon it'll be all wireless. Tony
C G wrote:

Bravo. I've told my wife that if we ever need another network hookup in the house, I'm going wireless. I don't buy my supplies wholesale - retail prices on CAT5 cable, outlets, and boxes - not to mention aggravation of cutting holes in my walls - are gawdawful. Costs me $75 every time.

Tony Hwang wrote:

Understand, that's why I said many. I realize some electricians have taken the time to learn how the new stuff works, and more important, take the time to install it properly. Unfortunately, most do not.

Maybe, maybe not. There is a limit to the spectrum. I recently discovered I cannot use my cordless phones anywhere near my laptop if it's in the middle of a big download, too much interferance. No matter how reliable the wireless technology gets, hardwiring will still be better.

get a better phone. I've seen some that are advertised "802.11 friendly"

And the second and third electrician you called told you what?
Jeff