reshingling from the eaves up

Page 2 of 2
John Willis wrote:

Thanks! I'll bet my BIL didn't know about that.

A whole 60-pound bundle? I guess I'll be climbing with one hand, and I'll be top-heavy stepping onto the roof. Maybe I should try a lighter load until I'm used to it.

That foot board will assure me. I used to slide working on his 6/12 metal roof, but it was merely a nuisance because below me, the roof broke to a lower pitch.
The day my BIL patched my roof, before he left he told me not to go up there alone. I think that was bad advice. His presence won't keep me from slipping. I'm less at ease than he is because I haven't been on a roof in many months. If I'm to get much done the first day, I think I'd better go up there to start getting the feel of it again.

Don't you think you're getting a bit old for this roofing lark "Choreboy"?
I bought several rolls of 4 mil plastic and had it handy in case of rain. It was enough to cover my whole house and could be up in about 20 minutes.
Then, I waited for a good forecast and ripped off one side of my hip roof at a time (4).
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:28:55 -0400, Choreboy