reshingling from the eaves up

Thanks! I'll bet my BIL didn't know about that.

A whole 60-pound bundle? I guess I'll be climbing with one hand, and I'll be top-heavy stepping onto the roof. Maybe I should try a lighter load until I'm used to it.

That foot board will assure me. I used to slide working on his 6/12 metal roof, but it was merely a nuisance because below me, the roof broke to a lower pitch.

The day my BIL patched my roof, before he left he told me not to go up there alone. I think that was bad advice. His presence won't keep me from slipping. I'm less at ease than he is because I haven't been on a roof in many months. If I'm to get much done the first day, I think I'd better go up there to start getting the feel of it again.

Reply to
Choreboy

Do I need hired labor for five squares? It looks like a rainless week coming up.

If I can bring the shingles off whole as John recommends, why not toss them past the bushes?

Reply to
Choreboy

Don't you think you're getting a bit old for this roofing lark "Choreboy"?

Reply to
ooh arr