Resetting AC indoor breaker; and what's wrong with my AC.

Page 2 of 2

On 6/27/2010 11:36 PM, mm wrote:

Your compressor is probably toast. I've heard that dreaded sound many times and had to deliver the bad news to the owner.
TDD
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:54:07 -0500, The Daring Dufas

It may be a good thing. I was flirting with only replacing the furnace, since I use the AC so little. But I'll do both.
mm wrote:

As little as you use the A/C, consider a used compressor - no more than three years old. You can save 3-4,000 bucks.
I see 'em often on Craigslist.