resealing bathroom

I need to reseal around the bath and shower. What is the best thing to use to clean off the old sealant? Any ideas appreciated.
Jen
Usually just a sharp utility knife and a scraper or screwdriver. You need to use a little elbow grease.

Thanks. Do I need to use metho or something like that as well to help the sealant stick?
Jen

I just usually make sure the surface is clean. If you want to use a solvent, thats fine too. Any residual silicone that is not cleaned off is usually not a problem. Just make sure you use high quality silicone when you are ready to caulk. A tip, use masking tape in the corners and edges so you can do a neat job without globbing any excess silicone on the surrounding tile wall and bathtub.
paint tinner