Reroof, moss?

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong group so here is a repost. I need to re-roof a couple of sheds. They have heavy moss on the north side. Can I just scrape off the moss and lay new shingles or does something more need to be done? Single layer, no tear-off.
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

Personally I would do a tear off. Get that trash out of there to allow for a better, longer lasting job.
Other than that, I suggest a power washer. You may want to spay it with bleach a day or two before to kill it off and then after the power wash as well to kill off anything left.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On 5 Apr 2004 07:22:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Harry K) wrote:

Remove the old shingles. Install moss-resistant shingles or use strips of zinc (one such product is called "Shingle Shield.")
(Harry K) wrote:

Yep, I was afraid that would be the answer.
Harry K