REQ: How do I paint aluminum fascia/gutters?

I want to paint aluminum fascia and gutters on the ground in preparation for installation with the most durable finish I can accomplish. The fascia has a flat, white finish; gutters are glossy white. I've had conflicting advice from paint stores.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks
You should be fine, just make sure they are clean. The white finish indicates they have been primed or painted already. The problem comes in when painting bare aluminum.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
One of the best ,if not the best exterior paints is Sherwin Williams duration , it has a lifetime warranty and is designed to bond to even slightly dirty or chalky surfaces. Id suggest you follow their prep recomendations and let the store guide you.
I've never used Durations on Aluminum but it's the BEST paint I have ever used. At 40.00 a gallon it better be.

snipped-for-privacy@and.restless wrote in message

Lightly sand, use sherwin williams bonding primer, apply gloss paint (it will turn to semigloss in ten years)(duration is great, there are other good ones also) lightly sand between coats, apply primer and 2 coats. For really smooth finish apply with hvlp srpay can attatched to compressor, otherwise brush or foam hotdog roller.
Have fun!