REQ: Help patching oven

My mom (77 years old) has a 50 year old frigidaire electric stove that she

Try Mcmaster.com
http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/109/html/3151.html
Part# 7648T11
Use this with a piece of stainless steel.

jbweld marinetex
You don't say how close together these holes are, but you might be able to screw or rivit a steel patch over them. You could paint the patch with some paint such as they use on exhaust systems, but be careful any toxic residue it might have.
You could also try patching them with some of that exhaust patch material they sell at the auto parts store. But again, watch the toxic residue.

Thanks everyone for the help I will try the patch material--I use jb weld for lots of stuff but I kinda doubt it would hold up to high temperature in oven what do you guys think? "> > marinetex

marinetex can be used on engine blocks and exhaust pipes.

And it's off gassing won't be harmful to the people eating the Christmas turkey cooked in the oven afterward? Putting it on a engine block or muffler is one thing but...
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Poison+Control
=~~~~~~
"Dan O." wrote:

And it is stupid to use patching compound on something that is just light sheet metal. Just covering the bottom with another piece of light sheet metal, even if one didn't screw it down, would be a far simpler and a better option.