reprogram remotes

Does anyone know how to reprogram a craftsman 1/2 horsepower remote? It was purchased 3 years ago. -------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 303354 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 25, 4:54 pm, Jeffpop11_at_aol_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (huntermillsaps) wrote:

A 1/2 horsepower what? TV? A/C?
Add pictures here
✖
Mikepier wrote:

I'm guessing garage door closer.
--Steve
Add pictures here
✖
huntermillsaps wrote:

... Mr Sears, maybe? Did you try looking up the part no on their site?
✖

go to
http://www.1stdooropeners.com /
they have a great site, lots of parts & info
check your remote's signal frequency & match it the remotes shown.....click on coding instructions & you're good to go
I buy my replacement remotes there, fast, easy, cheap
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖

Does the remote use straight gas or gas/oil mix? Does it get noisy when you change the channel on the TV? I'm sticking with the battery operated one.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:54:46 GMT, Jeffpop11_at_aol_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (huntermillsaps) wrote:

You don't reprogram the remote, you program the opener to recognize the remotes you are using.
Add pictures here
✖
It depends on which model you have. Here's one possible solution I found on http://www.gardenweb.com : "My wall unit has a lock feature. When it is active, the remotes will not work but the wall unit and outdoor unit will open and close the door. To activate, I press and hold the small button on the wall unit for 2 or more seconds. To deactivate, repeat the 2-second hold. When locked, the wall unit light flashes. No flashing when de-activated."
Also, "My current ceiling unit has an SRT (learn) button on the control panel that is used in conjuction with the remote. Iif yours has such a thing, you will have to remove a panel or other kind of protector. Here's how my remote gets programmed to match the sensor. With the door closed, press and hold the remote button. Then press and release the SRT button. The indicator light on the ceiling unit panel will begin to blink and the opener light will flash once. Release the remote button."
Lots of problems with these units. Hope this helps.
huntermillsaps wrote...

✖