report on patching knock-down wall texture

I needed to patch some "knock down" style wall texture so I got a variety of products from Spray-tex and Homax. Overall the Spraytex worked the best. I ran out of the can of Spray-tex knock down while I was stil learning technique so I ended up using the can Spray-tex Orangepeel Splatter instead. Worked well enough - close enough to the original knock down that you really can't tell the difference.

The Homax "Knock Down Texture" didn't work at all - too loose and runny. The Homax "Spray Texture" was decent, but delivered a fine texture only, and is an oil-based product. The Homax patching gun is a nifty idea - hand operated pump sprayer you load up with standard mud. Unfortunately I could not control it well enough to use it.

Reply to
wrkg_onit