Replumbing a house with PEX, couple questions

Page 2 of 2

This and our last house are done with 100% PEX , first one was "Wirsbo", and we think its great stuff. Its simple and easy to work with. I'd avoid your plumber like the plague.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but your questions reminded me of mine and it might effect you.
With using pex tubing, what issues do you run into with electrical grounding and bonding. I've been heaing the issue that metal faucets about water and electricity must be 'grounded' since pex is not conductive, and water is a poor conductor, has local authorities forced some bonding wires to be installed to faucets and panels?
Guessing this will add to the complexity of using pex over traditional copper piping.
Thx,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

No problem, I am interested in this as well.

not supposed to actually be grounded to the pipes, rather it is the other way around, the pipes are meant to be grounded to your panel which is in turn supposed to be grounded to the earth. The reason given was that you don't want your plumbing (being all metal) becoming involved in a short somewhere and shocking somebody when they go to take a shower or whatever. Supposedly, since PEX is plastic and does not need to be grounded. The rest of your house electricity should be grounded at a grounding rod.
I am not an electrician either, but that explanation makes sense to me. My electric panel has a connection to the pipes as well as the grounding rod so if I have all plastic piping, I should still be grounded appropriately.
Maybe someone who knows better can confirm or deny this.
-Justin