Replumbing a house with PEX, couple questions

I guess it varies with area. Here they sell the pieces or the whole 250' rolls, all the fittings and rent the tools.

Here is in Canada, btw.

Reply to
Rudy

No problem, I am interested in this as well.

not supposed to actually be grounded to the pipes, rather it is the other way around, the pipes are meant to be grounded to your panel which is in turn supposed to be grounded to the earth. The reason given was that you don't want your plumbing (being all metal) becoming involved in a short somewhere and shocking somebody when they go to take a shower or whatever. Supposedly, since PEX is plastic and does not need to be grounded. The rest of your house electricity should be grounded at a grounding rod.

I am not an electrician either, but that explanation makes sense to me. My electric panel has a connection to the pipes as well as the grounding rod so if I have all plastic piping, I should still be grounded appropriately.

Maybe someone who knows better can confirm or deny this.

-Justin

Reply to
JDS

Yep! Still trying to work out how to use Google groups to do this correctly. I don't have a standalone news reader.

Well when I take the plunge, I will let you know my experience with them then if you would like.

I am leaning towards the manfiolds at the top of this page (the valved manfiold kits):

When you say the needed to be sweated on to integrate into the system, are you thinking of a part pex/part copper system? I am thinking in terms of a complete overhaul, PEX all the way from the street. I assume in that case I would not need to sweat anything except maybe that first street->pex connection.

I appreciate the offer! Might be more of pain than it is worth for you, I am in Seattle, WA. I was going to buy it on ebay and keep it though, otherwise how would one fix any future problems that cropped up?

-Justin

Reply to
JDS