Replacment Windows

I am looking to replace 4 first floor double-hung windows in my house. I want to preserve the wood look of the original windows and most of the vinyl replacement windows will not match. I am seriously considering purchasing Jeld-Wen Zap Pak kits from Home Depot. They will have to be custom size, but right now, I have a quote of $193.63 for each window (insulated glass, not Low-E, removable grills, double-hung). I am doing my own install.

Anyone have any comments to add about this brand or have any other suggestions?

Reply to
Gryhound

I just put in Harvey wood inside/alum outisde windows in my old farmhouse and am very happy. Price about the same for a straight-forward doublehung.

What I like best are no compression tracks---simple latches pull the windows in for cleaning.

double-hung).

Reply to
<BKS>