Replacing water heater tank

What should I expect to run into in replacing the tank to an oil fired hot water heater. Are the inner tanks available a replacement items?

I have an Thermo-Flow/Everhot E30GL water heater with a Beckett oil burner.

RB

Reply to
RB

No the inner tank is not replaceable. You replace the whole unit. If older, expect the shut off valves not to hold completely. Replace the gate valves with ball valves, not much more money. Get plenty of spare parts, connectors, and such. Expect the tank not to drain fully. Sediment will be the culprit. Take the valve out on the bottom when your board and have some

5 gallon plastic buckets set aside for the water and crap that will come out of the hole. You will make a mess but it is manageable.

Have fun, I just changed my solar hot water tank after 8 years.

Reply to
SQLit