replacing washing machine hoses

"Joseph Meehan" made the astonishing revealation that:

I've never seen those, if you could post a product name or link I would be most appreciative, and perhaps others as well. TIA.

Reply to
jackson

Yes, that is how it seems to me; and that ought to take 25 years I should think.

No, $22 for the pair. They only shut off on big leaks, since they can't tell small leaks from normal usage. But hey, it is the big leaks that are most dangerous. 6' was only a dollar more. I was tempted by a shutoff valve connected to water supply that shuts the water off if sensors by the washing machine, water heater, etc. see water. But there is not enough room between my main shut off and the T to the washer for it, and I didn't want to deal with moving the main shutoff. Someday.

Reply to
Toller

Well I've had water in my basment from about 10 sources, a total of maybe 15 times. On mos**t occasions, the only things damaged were the boxes I kept things in. Usually they are totally replaceable unless they are the original box that something came in, with a picture on the outside. I like to use those, and don't like it when they are ruined.

**On one or two occasions it made it to the finished room next to the laundry room, where it loosened the asphalt? tile. I could put that down, but part of it was broken apparently, and when the mastic failed, they came apart. Maybe 5 tiles. I hope to retrieve matching tiles from under the loft bed, where boxes are piled, and replace those tiles with plain brown or something.

I put a piece of 1x2 in the doorway floor to prevent future floods into that room.

None of the leaks have been big leaks, so I guess I will look at what you mention below.

I could probably make one myself, with just the electric valves, but that is probably the biggest part of the price anyhow. We'll see.

Reply to
mm

It can be remote mounted. Take a look at:

Neither is exactly what I have seen, but maybe it is no longeravailable. However you may be able to use the information above.--Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

That's pretty nice! I would have to replumb a bit to get the pipes to fit, but it would be minor. Thanks.

Reply to
Toller

"Toller" wrote in news:y8NCh.3312$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Well considering they only pay those Chinese workers like 3 cents a day, for $22 you should be able to get one of 'em to sit there and watch it for about 2 years for any leak,,,

Reply to
Al Bundy

I turn it off, but I'm actually more concerned with the hose to washing machine joint than the hose itself. The washing machine ends are cheap plastic threads.

Reply to
scott21230