Replacing two kitchen cabinet doors - can't find a match ??

Hi, My puppy chewed two kitchen cabinet doors. Theyre about 20 years old, oak finish. The only marking inside the drawers reads "excel". I've called a bunch of places and no one has heard of Excel and they don't match anything I have looked at. Also no place I have called will custom build 2 doors. Has anyone heard of excel ? Is there a massive cabinet warehouse website anyone here would recommend? or a custom manufacturer that would handle an order like this? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

'Oak Finish' as in faux woodgrain over chipboard, with maybe real wood trim, or oak finish as in real wood? 1987 could go either way. If chipboard, you are probably SOL, but if real wood, any custom millwork/cabinetry shop could probably make them for you. It would not be cheap, though, especially if they have to make a knife for their planer to do it. If they are real wood, I'd try a furniture repair place- usually listed under 'refinishing' in the yellow pages. I've seen them do some amazing things with epoxy filler and spot painting with an 00 brush. If you look, you can still see the damage, but it doesn't jump out at you. It is artisan work, so expect to pay accordingly.
Other option- write down all the dimensions for ALL the doors in the kitchen, and take a door with you, and hunt down the nearest kitchen cabinet outlet store. Many of them carry loose doors- factory overruns, slight seconds, spares for apartment-complex style cabinets, etc. (Apartments I used to live in changed the doors on the cheap cabinets all the time when tenants would trash them.)
Keep in mind, if people know you have a puppy, they will understand. I'd live with it till the mutt learns some manners, and then maybe use that as an excuse to refresh the kitchen. If the carcasses and face frames are in good shape, one of the kitchen refacing companies could change out the drawer fronts and doors pretty cheap. (That is a simple swap- it is applying the veneer to the frames and ends that usually looks tacky.)
-- aem sends...
Previously aemeijers wrote:

<AEM's Useful information snipped> Piggybacking, because I don't have the original message.
No one has heard of Excel Cabinets?
In the east, the cabinets may have been made by EXCEL WOOD PRODUCTS CO INC 1 EXCEL PLAZA LAKEWOOD, NJ 08701 But it seems they may be out of business because I can't find a telephone listing for them.
If you're in the mid-west, maybe www.excel-cabinets.com EXCEL CABINETS & INTERIORS, LLC 13737 INDUSTRIAL RD OMAHA NE 68137-1129 USA Contact Detail Phone : +1-402-829-8600 Fax : +1-402-829-8601 Email : snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Toll Free : +1- 866-XL-EXCEL 1- 866-953-9235
In the west, there is www.excelcabinets.inc Voice: 951-279-4545 Fax: 951-279-4544 Postal Address: 225 Jason Ct., Corona, CA 92879-6199 Email: General Information: snipped-for-privacy@ecxelcabinetsinc.com Sales: snipped-for-privacy@excelcabinetsinc.com Customer Support: snipped-for-privacy@excelcabinetsinc.com Webmaster: snipped-for-privacy@excelcabinetsinc.com
Stan
--
"I hereby apologize for making a silly joke out of your thoughtful,
sober response." - Opus, AFCA
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are these solid wood? How much damage? Can you upload a photo?
Theyre not solid. The dog ripped large strips of the oak finish off.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If the doors are plain, flat and finished with Formica or similar, you might have better luck having new laminate applied.
In Pittsburgh Excel is a kitchen supplier here is their web page, but good luck I doubt you could find anything for a four year old particle board cabinet.
http://www.excelkitchens.com /