Replacing torchiere

The local power co is offering free torchiere replacements.
Before going through all that hassle, I would like to ask what would be different about their torchiere, as opposed to the ones I already have?
Can't I just put a compact fluorescent in the existing torchiere?
Or would their be somehow different, and if so, how?
Tx for quick replies, as the exchange happens tomorrow, Sunday.
Your help appreciated.
Aspasia
aspasia wrote:

A halogen or LED puck would fit perfectly with the least modification.