Replacing thermostat!

Hi, I want to replace a thermostat that control 2 electric baseboards, one base baseboard is 1500 watts and the other 1750 watts for a total od 3250 watts, the current thermostat is rated 4000 watts. I would be replacing it with a thermostat rated to 3600 watts. Since I'm 350 watts over, will this be sufficiant to control the 2 electric baseboards or should I go with a more powerfull model.
Thanks.

The thermostat is only part. And you should upgrade to a heavier one.
Are the wires heavy enough to handle the additional load ?
Fuses/breakers?
It will heat more than you could ever want with undersized wires,.... once! ( if you get what I mean)
AMUN
The baseboards, wires and actual thermostat we're installed by an electrician. I only want to change the actual thermostat, which is digital, to one that is programmable. The actual thermostat rated 4000 watts was installed because the less powerfull one he had was 2000 watts which was not enough. So, installing one rated 3600 watts, is that a sufficient safety margin considering the total watts output for the baseboard is 3250 watts.

Oops, must have had a brain fart the first time I read your post.
Sure, the replacement is fine. You only have to worry if you are going over the rated capacity of the thermostat. And you will still be well under.
No real need for an extra cushion/safety factor.
AMUN
Airborne951 wrote:

Well it says it's enough. I tend to over engineer any electrical stuff so I would likely look for the next size up.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Aren't thermostats rated lower than they actually can do (watts)? What about baseboards, will they output higher than they are rated for (watts)?
Doesn't thermostats rated lower than they actualy can do (watts)?
What about baseboards, if one is rated 1500 watts, will it go over that?