Replacing Thermosats for Intertherm Electric Hot Water Baseboard Heaters

My house has Intertherm electric hot water baseboard heaters. I think the heaters were installed in the 70's. I'd like to replace the thermostats with more modern looking thermostats. Can I do that w/o effecting the heaters? If I can replace them will you recommend some contemporary looking replacements?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

electric hot water?

Reply to
HeatMan

Yes, it was like the Oil filled electric space heaters made today.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks

Reply to
HeatMan

Yes, electric hot water.

Mike

Reply to
bro

What's the difference between water filled or oil filled? Why is oil desirable?

Mike

Reply to
bro

Water boils at 212. Oil can go to 360+

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The heating units are at least thirty years old, Besides the deteriorating appearance of the heating units is there any reason to swap them out for new units? Are new units more efficient?

Mike

Reply to
bro

Electric heat is very efficient. The element gets hot, it gives off heat. Nothing is lost to a chimney. If the elements are getting cruddy over the years, it will not give up the heat so fast.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski