Replacing Sink Sprayer

I have what is going to seem like a silly question, but I seem to be handicapped when it comes to stuff like this. Just ask my wife! :)
I need to replace our sink sprayer. After removing the top of the sprayer, I see that there is little ring clip holding the base of the sprayer to the hose. I need to remove that ring clip to get the old base off of the hose but I can't figure out how to get the clip off. It's not like some ring clips I've seen that have tiny holes in the ends that you can spread open with needle-nose pliers.
Any thoughts? I already tried prying it out with a knife and nearly stabbed myself through the hand. ;-)
What is the trick for removing those ring clips?
Thanks! John
Can't you just screw a new sprayer to the old base?
If not, I think you might have to replace the hose and the sprayer.
I'm using a new kind of sprayer so the new top won't fit the old base. I figured out that I could get the retaining clip off using tweezers. :-) If that didn't work, I was going to just bite the bullet and spend the $20 to get an entirely new assembly that included the hose. That would have been more cosmetically appealing because the new sprayer is a cheapie that doesn't match. Oh well, it works for now.
Thanks, John

of inches shorter. MLD
Those clips should come off easily with a small scredriver or a small apir of needlenoses (shrugs)

On 5 Nov 2005 09:16:02 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

It sounds like your further along than I evre was. Brands may vary but with Delta, it seemed there was no way to remove the head. Rather the hose needed to be removed from the middle of the faucet fixture.