Replacing single light fixture with hi-hats

I'm helping my brother in law renovate the kitchen in his condo. He would like to replace the ugly flourescent light fixture with some hi- hats. The problem is the junction box where the present light fixture is connected has some feed through wires which feed other lights and outlets in the condo. So if i install Hi-hats, that junction box has to stay where it is. I know I can't bury it. Even if I install a white cover plate it's going to look ugly. So what are my optons? The only other option i can think of is instead of hi-hats, I could install a nice fan/light combo or track lighting that can still use the junction box in the center of the kitchen.

How about a small fan at the existing location and recessed lights along the counter top

??? Why can't you keep the wires and route them thru the box attached to the recessed light? Too many wires??
--Jeff

Because the junction box is in the center, and I wanted to put the 4 hi-hats at the corners. So the length of the wires is an issue. Someone else suggested put an old construction hi-hat in the center, for a total of 5 hi-hats. At least if I had to get to the junction box, I could just take out the hi-hat. So I'll have to think about it. The fan in the center is not a bad idea either.