Replacing seal on garage door

Hello;
I need to replace the seal on my garage door. The seal slides into two grooves (called "T-ends", I think) on a retainer strip, which is in turn screwed into the bottom of the garage door.
Right now the screws are screwed in from the bottom, so that the seal covers the heads of the screws. The seal is easily removable, but I'm not sure how to insert a new seal. Do I remove the retainer, slide the seal into the retainer, and then screw the retainer onto the door with the screws facing the opposite direction (pointed ends towards seal)?
Or would it be possible to leave the retainer on the door, and slide the seal onto the retainer from either side of the door (there's about 1 1/2 feet of space on either side)? I don't know if this would be possible as I'm not sure how these seals are packaged and whether they need to be fully straightened out in order to slide onto the retainer.
Thanks in advance.

You're assuming you can still get the flexible seal part separate from the rigid retaining part. It may be that when you go to the store, you will find you will need to replace everything as if you were starting with a bare edge. In any case, the instructions will come with the seal.
As for access, you may be able to remove the bottom two wheels allowing the bottom panel to swing out slightly (with door 1/2 open) if you have to slide a long seal into an existing track.

Go to sites like www.prodoorsupply.com and order replacement weatherstripping. Best to cut off a piece of existing WS to be sure you order the correct width first. WS will pull in/out the side without removing the track, seal is flexible..