replacing part of a sill

We're about to buy a 1910 home, and the inspector found some termite issues in some of the beams in the basement, and a section of the sill plate about 18 feet long needs to be replaced.
What is involved in this? Will it require jacking up the house?
Thanks, fnord
I just did mine , it was allot, thousands . But you ask a real stupid question , as all houses are unique, Get bids , then come back with a good question.
Do you realy think anyone can give an idea without seeing it.....
Thanks for the kind words.
I was wondering if sill plates can be replaced without jacking, maybe I worded the question wrong.
We do plan on having it looked at by several contractors, but every repair I've ever seen on a sill plate (on tv) required jacking, and I am worried about the plaster walls.