replacing overflow pipe

The gasket between the overflow pipe and the tank leaks. It only leaks down into the bowl. But keep causing the water to go on and refill. I put in a new flapper so it is not leaking there. Is there a quik fix like caulking around it with aquarium silicone glue. If not how do I replace it.

Sincerly,

Pat

Reply to
ptonsing

Not a fair answer, IMHO. He said nothing to indicate he's over his head (aquarium sealer comment notwithstanding) -- only to indicate he doesn't know how to proceed -- and that's why he's asking questions.

To the OP: You can buy a kit to replace the overflow pipe assembly. BUT as long as you have everything torn apart, why not just replace the whole guts? It isn't much more expensive, and you can buy a kit containing everything you need. Then the toilet will be about as good as new.

Go to the BORG or wherever, and check out the products in the toilet repair aisle. If you luck out, you'll find someone working there who can help you select the correct product(s).

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

You are obviously over your head. Call a plumber and get it fixed properly and quickly.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives