Replacing outside Polybutylene pipe costs? Lawsuit??

I just found out tonight that I have to replace the pipe running from the outside. I am pretty sure that it is Polybutylene per the guy from the county who came out. What is this going to cost me just a ballpark figure? I live in the metro region of baltimore maryland if that helps. I thought I could get involved with the class action lawsuit, but it looks like the leak had to occur within 10 years of installation and the pipe was installed in 1987, is this correct?
Take your pc mouse out to the yard and drag it over the lawn, tracing the path where you think the pipe is buried. Post your results here and maybe, just maybe, we will then have enough info. to tell you which ballpark your playin in. Right now, we gots nuttin.

Here's the link to the class action info:
http://www.kinsella.com/polybutylene /
Lynn
I had mine replaced maybe 5 years ago and the lawsuit paid for everthing. I had the gray piping with gray joints. The joint pieces were the problem. I'll see if I can dig up my documentaion as far as what the contact numbers are and how much my plumber charged them to re-do the house. I have a feeling that you are outside the window of opportunity for free replacement.

Are you talking about the underground pipe that delivers city water to a fitting outside your house or about your inside house plumbing?

I think he means his main natural gas pipe under his lawn.