Replacing my concrete steps

I have a question on how to best replace my front steps, here is a picture.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeocrz3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stairs.jpg
I am planning on removing all the concrete up to the red lines, building the form and pouring new concrete. My main question is if I should tie the steps into the side walls or put in expansion joints to keep them separated?
To tie them in I would drill holes into the concrete on the sides and insert rebar into the holes maybe anchored with same hydraulic cement. this rebar would be anchored to some rebar that in would run through the steps.
One other question, the yellow line shows where I want to run some drainage line down to the street for my downspouts. Can I just use the corrugated black flex line for this?
thanks, Cliff
PS I still haven't figured out where I'm going to get the crete. I can't see calling a truck for what I think is just a couple of yards. I have to figure out how much I need and if I'm going to mix it myself and how.
ITS up to you but i would drill ties in the left as you look in the picture.Also drill some to the steps.Leave the expansion joint to the right.Make sure to drill every second or third step. THE small ammount of concrete required will be sorted out by a firm called MINIMIX. YELLOW PAGES should have at least a couple of entries,or try the WEB. THE larger READYMIX DEPOTS now do HALF A METER UPWARDS, Make sure the new poured concrete does not dry too quick,Throw water over it about three times the next day to prevent cracking.also make sure you use SOAP OIL ON THE SHUTTER. so as it doesnt stick. GET A GOOD QUALITY EPOXY RESIN WIYH APPLICATOR FOR THE STEEL INTO THE STEPS it is far less messy and dries in minuets and sets like steel,allow 6inch depth on drill.
I'm having my steps and part of my porch replaced. Probably only take 2-3 yards. The guy doing it is a smalltime but very competent concrete contractor and all he does is rip out the old, put the forms in, and call the concerete truck. Mixing is, I believe, like making your own ketchup - yeah you can do it, but there's not much point.
Good thought with the drain line.
TO MUCH BOTHER MATE.The days of the big DIESEL MIXER chugging away are over thankfully.If you are going to mix your own .The RATIOs of sand/gravel/cement MUST BE RIGHT,Or you can not TROWEL off propperly,DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR,get readymix.