Replacing main water shut off valve

Page 2 of 2
could easily be right, and thus exactly what you`d get by 9.5/10 plumbers you called. There`s the first 1/2 hr. charge; then the hourly rate after that, so 31 minutes could be (is) 2 hours, which would be approximately 2x $100. Then the parts are about 3 times what you`d pay for at the store. Every elbow is priced such that the plumber could go to the store and purchase everything one by one, and still not lose anything from his $100/hr. Of course he buys the box at a discount plumbers supply with business discount.
Try a lawyers bill: (J-walking)
phone call (busy) phone call (nothing) phone call (left message) phone call (job done/secretary) court date (full day/cancelled/assistant sent) tax costs party fees charges fees incidentals __________ $75 000.00

first 30 minutes = $100 another hr. (90 minutes) = $100 91st minute (1st 1/2 hour) = $50 --------------- $250 ($265)
I believe this is how the bill is estimated/calculated, and they are not interested in the distinctions you may be. I am only guessing that after the first 1/2 hour, std. business practice is that the smallest increment is 1/2 hour. Then again, there may be no such thing as 1.5 hrs, when there is a 2.5 hr option. I am just trying to point out that this is just the reality of it all.