Replacing Kitchen Backsplash tiles, need to repair some damage

Hi, The house I moved into has a nice white tile backsplash in the kitchen, except there are randomly placed tiles with pictures of spices among them. They were annoying. I dremeled and chiseled out the spice tiles without damaging the surrounding tiles, but in some places the drywalll behind the tiles is indented. I need to fill in these areas so when I place new tiles in there they are flush. What material would someone suggest I use in this situation? Is there some kind of spackle specifically for tile work? thanks.

Reply to
_

just use a little bit more mastic or thinset, whichever you're using. no one will ever see it again.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

back butter the tiles with mastic or thinset and install flush with other tiles. clean out any mastic that may ooze out before it dries. let sit for a couple of hours and grout to match existing. seal grout next day.

Reply to
3G