replacing glass on an Anderson window

Is it possible to replace the glass on a wood Anderson window (with e-glass) without having to replace the entire sash? I found a local glass guy that says he can, but he only uses regular glass.
Some kid put a rock through the outer pane... grrr.....
Slumlord wrote:

Depending on the size, a sash is around $130ish... might be worth it just to buy it and not mess with it.
Personally I don't know how he'd do it, it's a double pane window and is supposed to have a vacuum between the panes.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

As far as I've known those windows have glass "units" that change out as a unit. Not knowing what size it is hard to say what the cost might be. I'd call a different glass shop, they usually come out and measure and give you a price, and a replacement unit should be a no brainer.

Call a few other local glass companies. A good one will be able to do the job or tell why they can't (or advise against it). It's worth investing a little time finding someone you can trust. You never know when you might need their services again. Chances are that when you do, the "event" will not have a lot of advance notice.
I have such a firm on my phone list and if ever I have to deal with a broken window, mirror, auto windshield etc. I know exactly who to call.
I would first call Anderson and see what they suggest and cost.

According to their website, they want you to buy a whole new sash. more $$$ for them.
Art wrote:

As I understand it the glass company can do a double pane window but they don't fill the gap with argon. They cut two pieces of glass and seal them with a desiccant filled spacer. Not quite as good as a factory job but these can last for years until moisture seeps in and they start to fog inside.
--

Roger Shoaf