Replacing Glass In Storm Window and I need to find a place to buy new gasket

My glass in my storm door became loose so I took it out. The gasket holding it in place broke in several places. No one has the gasket and they tell me to buy a new door. No one will help me or tell me how to fix it. I have spent hours looking for a gasket and finally found this site. Someone told me silicone would work. Someone else told me it wouldn't work. No one carries the gasket. I thought maybe it was a marine glazing gasket, but I can't find that either. I thought a magnet gasket might work, but it is not for glass. It is a double hung aluminum storm door and this glass is stationary on the bottom. It fits into the opening. The glass is perfect. Right now I have foam board on the door and I want to put the glass in myself. Surely, someone has a solution to this simple problem.
needto know wrote:

Hi, Glass shop or RV shop parts dept.
Silicone caulking will work fine; and, it is available in white, black and clear.
--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven\'s Current Weather
If you have a few pieces of the gasket to use to center the glass in the door frame, say 2 or 3 pieces an inch long on each side then silicone would work very well. needto know wrote:

Just about any decent hardware store (Ace, True value etc.) will fix it for about 6 dollars.