replacing gas dryer.... replace hookup too?

Page 2 of 2
I gave the gas turnoff end one more shot and got it off. Of course I had purchase a fresh flexible pipe kit with sealant and adapters all in one bag designed for dryers and it fits the dryer fine but it turns out my gas connection pipe is oversized (so was the old flexible pipe) so it is back to the big box store again. The previous installer put the size converter at the dryer end but it seems to me that it makes more sense to put it at the turnoff where it will suffer few vibrations and I can use the narrower flexible hose.

Art spake thus:

Epoxy???
--
Napoleon won the battle of Waterloo. The German Wehrmacht won World War
II. The United States won in Vietnam, and the Soviets in Afghanistan.

That would be my guess. I caught the same guy installing a dishwasher improperly. He didn't feel like going to his truck for a hose clamp so he removed one of mine from someplace else in my plumbing and installed it where he needed it. I caught him and called the store using him for installations. They told me that lots of people complained about him but his kid had heart problems and they did not want to dump him. No joke.