Replacing Furnace Press relief valve (Help!)

Page 2 of 2
In that case, it sounds like a bad water feeder or waterlogged expansion tank or ruptured diaphram in your expansion tank.
Stretch
I'm going to agree. I've had the same issue with two previous heating systems and it was the expansion tank diaphram both times. Yes, the first time it happened I replaced a perfectly good over-pressure valve. The tank is cheap enough to replace and if you're lucky, there will be a shutoff valve right at the tank so you don't have to drain anything nor rebleed the air out after.
Bobby
Hi snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, hope you are having a nice day
On 31-May-05 At About 03:52:04, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote to All Subject: Re: Replacing Furnace Press relief valve (Help!)
t> From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
t> Beating a dead horse here. The gauge on the side of the furnace says t> 21 PSI with a temp of 100. SInce I have the water intake shut off t> and water isn't spewing out the pressure relief valve can I assume t> the pressure relief valve is OK?
It probably is but there is still a problem or it wouldn't have leaked before. you should have a pro check it and repair the problem.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "Hit him again, I saw his foot move." -- L.A COP